1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My THR22-100 just went caput on me...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bjornolf, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Has anyone else had this problem? My THR just popped up with a purple screen saying it has a serious problem that can't be fixed and has to reformat the hard drive. I had to reformat it and lost everything. I called Directv, but they were no help. I tried resetting twice, but it just went back to the purple screen. The wife is so upset. I've only had this thing for 10 months. I had my old directivos, three of them, for over eight years and never once had a problem like this. I have three of these. The other two, knock on wood, appear to still be working.

Has anyone else seen this? Did I get a lemon, or is this a one time thing? Do I need to return it and get a new one?

Thanks.
    Joe

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Sounds like a hard drive problem. How stable is the power at your house? Does it tend to "flicker" or go out at times?

3. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Well, I'd assume from the message that it's a hard drive problem. ;)

As for power issues, we don't have those generally. I even have a whole house power scrubber to avoid that very kind of problem.

We do lose power in a storm once in a while, but not often, and we have underground lines.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Are you using a UPS to power your Tivo? Highly recommended!

5. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Yes.

6. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    I'll bet my life savings your hard drive is done for. On the older DirecTiVo's it was the Green Screen of Death (GSOD).

Reboot the THR22, when rebooting and you get to the screen that says "Running receiver self check", press SELECT to enter "Diagnotstics menu". Here you can perform tests on the THR22-100 and hard drive, and possibly get it working again.

Or you can try to reload the software with the 02468 at reboot.

If none of this works, call DirecTV to get a replacement, and if you have the Protection Plan it won't cost you a thing, even for shipping.

7. bjornolf

bjornolf New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    After reformatting, it seems to be working so far. Hopefully, it will be okay.