1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My shows sort changing every day to "by date".

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by steneni, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dec 6, 2016 #1 of 33
    steneni

steneni New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I've noticed since the recent update to 20.6.3.RC7 that my shows are being changed to sort by date on a daily basis. I like my shows to be sorted by name in the main panel and by episode in each folder. What is happening now is that the Tivo is resetting my sort criteria back to by date for the main panel and each folder daily. Anybody else seeing this?

2. Dec 6, 2016 #2 of 33
    jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    This has happened due to the recent updates. I've seen it, but not daily as you indicate.

3. Dec 6, 2016 #3 of 33
    steneni

steneni New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I hope Tivo fix this pronto, very annoying bug. Its happening to my Roamio Pro and an older Premier XL4 (both upgraded).

4. Dec 6, 2016 #4 of 33
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Part of the bug too is that if you have preference set to Hide 3rd column that TiVo will eventually "forget" the setting and revert back to 3 column mode. These preferences get reset at least on every TiVo boot or even an HDUI reset (Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play), but anecdotal evidence suggests it may not even take a reboot or HDUI reset to happen.

Seems almost inconceivable that beta testing could not catch this, especially as beta testing often involves reboots and/or HDUI resets at least early on in the process. So seems like TiVo didn't think this was a big deal to go ahead and release this way anyway, as it seems highly unlikely nobody in beta testing would catch something obvious like this.

sinanju and ThAbtO like this.
  5. Dec 6, 2016 #5 of 33
    tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    I noticed it a couple of times, not nearly everyday however for me.

6. Dec 7, 2016 #6 of 33
    steneni

steneni New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Today my box has not reverted back my chosen sort criteria for the first time since I noticed this issue. I'll keep checking and post further updates if it starts again. I didn't do anything and the software version remains unchanged (20.6.3.RC7).

7. Dec 7, 2016 #7 of 33
    sakaike

sakaike Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Huntington...
    I'm somewhere in the middle. Both the date sort and third column have appeared numerous times since the latest update, but I don't think I would say it has happened every day.

I also don't think any of my recurrences have been after a reboot or HDUI reset (which is a trick I have never done). At this point, it's just a total mystery and annoyance that I hope is addressed someday (especially since others report similar behavior), but of course, we'll live with it in the meantime (as if we had a choice)...

tampa8 likes this.
  8. Dec 7, 2016 #8 of 33
    TeamPace

TeamPace Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Ohio
    My Roamio basic is doing this also. Not sure if it had been doing it daily before or not but it seems like I changed it yesterday and it was switched back again today. The bugs just keep on coming with these recent updates. I wish there was a way to delay getting updates until they mature a bit more.

9. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    I have seen it regularly with my Roamio and Minis.

I think it corresponds to reboots. My Mini is constantly crashing and rebooting. (an unrelated issue, I assume.)

10. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    It's not just reboots, I've seen it happen without them after the 20.6.3 update. It may be because the HDUI is resetting.

11. pgoelz

pgoelz Member

May 1, 2005
    Pretty much ditto for me as well on a Roamio basic. Not sure if it is related to reboots... I HAVE been rebooting (intentionally) and until reading this thread I didn't connect the reboots with the sort order change. But it makes sense. I think I'm done rebooting for a while so I'll keep an eye on it and see if the sort order reverts without a reboot.

Paul

12. steneni

steneni New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    My preferred sort criteria was only saved for 9 days on both my Roamio and Premier boxes. Once again this morning I saw it all unseat to Tivo default. I fixed it and then forced a reboot on the Roamio from the setting menu. Went back to Tivo default - NOT GOOD TIVO! Software still 20.3.6.RC7.

13. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    My Roamio Pro did NOT reboot but reverted back to 3 column mode for My Shows this morning. TiVo has a lot of crap to fix for next release - starting with undoing most of the changes made that got us to this terrible 20.6.3 version.

14. SASouth

SASouth Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Mine reverted yesterday and again today. I think it's been at least four times this week. Multiply this by the three TiVos that I have and it gets even more annoying.

Combine this with the crappy Rovi guide data and wishlists that no longer work and I'm getting to the point where I'm startin to consider dumping TiVo altogether. TiVo fix this!

15. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Now I have to reboot my TiVo to fix Tuning Adapter activity light being permanently on - another wonderful gift of 20.6.3 software...

16. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Put your Minis in standby, I'm seeing the same thing now with mine after the update. Minis are starting to tie up the tuners.

This is a major bug IMO, not that Tivo really cares.

17. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Happens to mine every day.

In an earlier post you said that it was inconceivable that this wasn't caught in testing. AFAICT, it's been years since they tested much of anything.

Mikeguy likes this.
  18. leesweet

leesweet TC Special Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Northern VA...
    Roaming and Minis, revert to date listing daily. Definitely need this fixed ASAP.

19. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I always have the left column hidden on My Shows and it has been turning it back on for the last several nites on both of my Roamios.

20. senorgregster

senorgregster Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Mine are reverting to date as well.