1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Recordings missing time

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by robkon, May 2, 2012.

1. robkon

robkon Just a Geek

Apr 22, 2012
    Raleigh NC USA
    My new Tivo Premiere on many recordings cuts off last say minute or two then asks to delete or keep program. Some longer programs start 30 mins early getting tail of previous programming and cuts the program I seek off by same say 30 minutes? Why and what can i do? Do i need ask it to record each program longer?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, you can do this. It's called padding.
    The recording options let you start a program early and/or end a program late.
    If this is for a season pass, then you want to do this from the season pass manager.

The drawback is if you have a lot of back to back recordings. Some might be canceled due to conflicts. You can minimize this by going to the recording menu under settings and enable clipping.

With clipping enabled, the Tivo will still record the conflicting program, but the beginning and/or end of the recording will be clipped.

It's a give and take situation if you have a lot of back to back recordings. You sacrifice some recordings so that your favorites are complete.
    The season pass priority plays a part in determining which shows will be clipped.

Hope this helps.

3. robkon

robkon Just a Geek

Apr 22, 2012
    Raleigh NC USA
    Thanks Steve

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Please don't use annoying large/colored text.