1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Premiere has gone crazy!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by aadam101, May 8, 2012.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I have been suffering from random reboots for several months. The Tivo became almost unusable because it would reboot 9-12 times per day and often cut off recordings.

I thought it was the hard drive so I replaced it. An hour after I replaced the hard drive, I got another reboot and then several more after that.

I know from when I used to use the Tivo wireless adapters that Tivo can be very sensitive when it comes to networking issues. I switched to MoCa several months ago (via Actiontec routers running in bridge mode). I haven't had a problem but I decided to unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the Tivo and see if I still had the reboot problem. It's been over 24 hours and I haven't had a single reboot. Something is happening with the network adapter that Tivo doesn't like. I'm going to swap it out with a different one and see if that fixes the problem. The reboots occur even when I am not actively pulling anything from the internet (I use Standard menus). For those of you still suffering from reboots, you may want to consider your internet connection as a possible problem.

2. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    It's probably more likely the network cable or perhaps the network hardware inside the TiVo.

Joe

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Grounding problems can cause strange symptoms sometimes. If your network's ground level is different from that of the outlet where the TiVo is connected, I think that could cause various issues. It's probably a long shot, but I thought I'd mention it.

4. rainbow

rainbow Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I have been experiencing reboot problems with my premiere,generally while trying to download program information. I have it set up to download right now through my phone. Over the weekend, it randomly rebooted about 6 times during the process and I am still trying to get the download completed.

Very frustrating.