1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience - stellar

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jedisinclair, Aug 28, 2013.

1. jedisinclair

jedisinclair New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Sorry to hear some people are having issues with the new Roamio. My experience was perfect. The wifi recognized my network (which is on an Apple Extreme router - older usb wifi adapter had issues connecting). And, Charter was able to pair the cable card from my old Premiere 4 to the Roamio in just a few minutes (I was impressed because it was a hassle pairing it with the Premiere). I am blown away how much faster navigating menus is with the Roamio. With my Premiere, I had to go to SD menus. I recorded and watched a few shows… so far, I am VERY happy with my new Roamio.

2. davidmcd

davidmcd New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Westchester, NY
    Good to hear! I just ordered a Plus from Weaknees. I'm looking forward to it!!

3. filovirus

filovirus New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Colorado
    I too have had a great experience with Roamio Pro upgrading from Premiere XL. Comcast cable card transfer from premiere only took about 5 minutes on the phone. My only problem is trying to figure out what to do with my second XL/cablecard setup, Mini vs. Roamio Basic. By going Mini, my Roamio would be come a single point of failure, so having a backup would be nice. And it would be great if they had a Roamio that did both OTA and Cable like my XL. Guess I stick it out with the XL for the short term.

4. cptlapcat

cptlapcat New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Pasadena, Ca
    Did you have to reboot the tuning adapter before/after pairing the cable card? I have had nothing but problems with Charter cable card and tuning adapter :mad:but finally it has been working for the past few weeks and I don't want to go thru the cable card/tuning adapter dance again with the Roamio. I would love the Roamio Plus.

5. ken0918

ken0918 New Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I left Tivo years ago when I had some equipment failures and coudn't be bothered to replace the boxes and subsequently went with Verizon's DVR. Anyway, I just picked up a Roamio Plus and a few Minis for around the house. I'm on Fios and am also having a fantastic experience so far.

6. oosik77

oosik77 TiVo Maniac

Nov 22, 1999
    Phoenix,...
    Let me add another positive voice for Roamio Plus! When I have to use my Premiere in the other room now it's extra painful. Might need to sell it and my HD unit and get some mini's.

7. pdxrunr

pdxrunr New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Same here! Comcast Portland, OR took 5 minutes to move the card from my Premier. Everything else smooth, guided setup, all good. Streaming to the Ipad worked on first try as did moving my season passes online and moving all my content from my Premier. Well executed Tivo! #TivoLove

8. Big Boy Laroux

Big Boy Laroux New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Painless setup for me, too. Roamio Pro, 5 minutes on phone with Comcast to pair cablecard with new tivo. MOCA was plug and play (i had MOCA adapters before, so still have one near my modem/router).

9. jedisinclair

jedisinclair New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Nope... I just ran Guided Setup (without the cable card or tuning adapter connected). Then I plugged both into the TiVo unit and called Charter. Told the lady I wanted to pair a new cable card. She asked for two numbers, Host ID and Data I think. A few minutes later, all was working perfectly :)