1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Digital Antennae

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by cashcow, Aug 26, 2013.

1. cashcow

cashcow New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    My antennae where I live sucks!!!....it keeps going in and out all the time. I have a season pass to record a show and I cannot access the channel because it is too far away not in my viewing area....will the roamio still record it if I cannot access it in another area? please help.

2. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    What brand/model do you have?

3. cashcow

cashcow New Member

Aug 26, 2013
  4. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Was referring to your OTA antennae.

5. cashcow

cashcow New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I forget I have all sorts of brands..even ones they considered the best. I live in a rural area and it is bad. Sometimes I can acess 13 channels and sometimes 9,7,even 2. It keeps going out it is really bad. It is not the tivo it has always been like this. (i have a roku as well to remedy this problem)..anyway I was wondering if the roamio can record a show even if I cannot access it. It is too far away the channel is and I want to know can it still record this show if my antenna cannot access this channel over the air. Maybe it can in another area where other people can can get this channnel because it is in their viewing area.

It might sound stupid but who knows I will ask anyway..

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    No, of course you need a bigger/better aimed antenna. The Roamio won't do anything with a signal it can't receive.

It sounds like you might need cable. Personally, even though I'm in suburbia, I originally got cable to get better reception of the broadcast channels.

7. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah - even if you have to pay for a basic tv pkg just to be able to connect directly to coax to essentially use it as a 'ota' antennae...

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    How high up in the air do you have the antenna mounted?