1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 3 week old new Tivo froze

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by robkon, Apr 22, 2012.

1. robkon

robkon Just a Geek

Apr 22, 2012
    Raleigh NC USA
    Hi all Bob here,

I really enjoy the newest (gadget) toy to be in use here in my home!

Last week i was going through my "to do list" and all of a sudden my Tivo just froze! The night before I had purchased the slide remote w/built in key board (very nice) and the Tivo froze while using that new remote. I picked up the original remote and no difference!

The one function available to me was TV Power switch which allowed me to lets say reboot the TV and power back on the Tivo. the screen went on to display what was frozen before. I removed the power cable for about 30 seconds then replugged back in but went out for the day so i'm not certain what in fact removed the frozen state of my Tivo.

Two days later I was playing Pandora and after a good while of entertainment it started sounding staticy and only after many (4) recycling of TV Power did it play normally! with my technical back ground I don't feel these two problems are related but then again who knows.

As a side note both of these issues had only happens that 1 time each a couple days apart but never repeated! I checked to make sure the the Cable TV connector was tight to the connection and it was!

Any thing come to mind? were these occurrences ill not see again or is this the start of something i need watch more closely?

BTW Hi and thanks for this Blog so we can exchange ideas!

Newby Geek Bob

2. rogmatic

rogmatic New Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Yeah. Freezes are not uncommon, particularly with the Bluetooth remote.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Unplug the Bluetooth USB dongle when it freezes, and plug back in.

4. robkon

robkon Just a Geek

Apr 22, 2012
    Raleigh NC USA
    Thanks I will do that when and if it reoccurres!