1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple TV on one tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jfharrison, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jfharrison

jfharrison Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Premiere XL on Charter Cable. I am feeding my SD tv with the composite (R-W-Y) cable from the tivo A/V output.

If I attach a HD tv using hdmi to the tivo will it feed signals to both TV's?

Thanks, Jon

2. Greaseman

Greaseman New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Yes, I've done it.

3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Yes. I do that now, although I am going from composite to an RF modulator, then sending it through coax across the house. Coupled with an RF remote control (IR) extender. It works, of course the picture quality is "meh". I use this for the LCD TV mounted above my treadmill (that I rarely use but should be using). Never watch TV in the bedroom, so there is no TV in there at all.

The only problem with this is that usually the TiVo will refuse to output any video at all unless I ALSO turn on the main HDTV. Stupid HDCP crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdcp

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Like crxssi said, the only problem could be HDCP when using HDMI. It really depends on your tv whether it will be an issue or not. You could always use component to your HDTV to get around it if you have problems.