1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple sets on 1 tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gwwh, Nov 15, 2013.

1. gwwh

gwwh New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    multi room sets
    trying to run another set in br from same box[SERIES 4] using an hd splitter and 50' of hd cable. its not working.
    i've purchased 2 tivo's in the last 4 yrs & now they want me to buy another tivo unit plus another extender for$230. + $60. a yr on top of the $190. i'm spending now.
    has anyone had any luck running 2 sets off of 1 box? ir repeater for remote working great.
    i've seen some ideas with series 2&3 but not 4's.
  2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    You're going to have to provide more information if you want to get more specific help.

What exact model Tivo is the source?

"HD Splitter" "HD Cable" ?!? Are we talking HDMI? Component?

Make, model, type of splitter?

50' is pretty far. If its HDMI, what are the specs of the cable? Attenuation is an issue if its not spec'ed well enough (heavy enough, shielded well enough, etc)

What exact devices are you connecting to?

In what way is it "Not working" exactly?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

What data did you gather while attempting your troubleshooting?

Who are "they" that want you to buy equipment? What are you spending $190 on now? confusing.
  3. 9300170

9300170 New Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    I'd agree that it's probably the distance of your HDMI cable. I have a similar setup. Make sure you've got a high quality HDMI cable with the lowest AWG rating you can get. 50 feet is pushing it. One thing you can try is to reduce the TiVo's output down to 480i and see if you get a signal that way, then slowly move your output up till you get a cutoff of signal.