1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Service Discount on Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MarkNH, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MarkNH

MarkNH New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    New Hampster
    I have an HD Tivo and an S1 that are both lifetime and a S2 that is on the MSD monthly $6.95 plan.

If I buy a Roamio or an old Premier, what would the Monthly MSD be on those devices (I would be replacing the S2) as I want something with HDMI and Cable Card support .

2. rarceneaux

rarceneaux New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I was getting a add on my Premier to upgrade and keep my current plan. I called last week and I bought the plus model for $349 no tax and no shipping and they transferred my $6.95 plan over. Got it Yesterday and is working great.

3. sastexan

sastexan New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    I just did the exact same thing - well, I'm about to - just ordered a new Roamio to replace an S2 with the $6.95/mo plan, which will be transferred over to the Roamio.

4. MarkNH

MarkNH New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    New Hampster
    Did you have to buy it from TiVo to trade plans? Might try the best buy deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. rarceneaux

rarceneaux New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yes you have to buy from Tivo but they have some specials going on through 1/31/2014

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    There's no need for this. You're essentially spamming the forum.:(

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are we sure it's voluntary, and not something unavoidable when using certain gadgets to post?

Send from my PC using my fingers on the keyboard (which means I can't duck the blame for any screwups).

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you can't get TiVo to transfer that $6.95 per month to the new TiVo (if you buy a new TiVo from them), at least insist on being able to get the $99 deal on lifetime for the S2, to give it some resale value.

I assume the S1 is the anchor for MSD on your account?

9. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes.
    1) Notice it was not in the original post. If it were involuntary, it would be there also.
    2) The option can be turned off from within the app being used.
    3) In this particular case, it seems a link was added, something I have not seen before and assume it was intentionally put there by the poster.

10. MarkNH

MarkNH New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    New Hampster
    The S1 is attached to a barely used TV, it even needs an external modem to dial in!
    I now have an HD that is on the main TV which is also lifetime.

The S2 has a lot of monthly invested in it so the $99 would be deserving !

11. MarkNH

MarkNH New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    New Hampster
    Original post was from my PC.
    Offending post was from my iPad and put there by the app that I just installed.
    I did not intentionally spam the board (but I do see many users of that app that still have that sig (and many other sigs).

12. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  13. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Was that HD MSD lifetimed with the S1 as anchor?

If so, it might not be able to serve as an MSD anchor.

Check with TiVo to be sure.

14. nexusplexus9

nexusplexus9 New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Its YMMV, but I got a Roamio Plus from ABT and after calling Tivo 3 times I was able to transfer my 6.95 plan from my Tivo HD to it.
    I was about to add lifetime on on the Plus, but got disconnected and when I called again, the CSR allowed the transfer even though I didn't buy it from Tivo directly.

I also added lifetime for $99 to the TivoHD.

I still have a S2 on the plan, going to try to transfer it to a base Roamio that I picked up from BestBuy this weekend.