1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ms time

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by fylcsm, Feb 7, 2014.

1. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    How long does it usually take mfs it has been 20 hours now it's been on partition 7. This is with the source and destination on 2.0 USB external drives. There are no programs recorded on it just full guide and what ever Tivo puts on at 3 in the morning, I had it hooked up for a month to make sure modem and everything else was ok before putting large drive in is a S3 652. Should I give up do a clear and delete and try again? How long would it take after C/D?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I had it take longer than that for a 2TB drive, as usb is not especially fast for transfers.

3. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    After 22 hours gave up put the truncated back up on the 1TB then did msf add only took a few minutes!!! Assumed would have to do guided set up again and of course lose guide data, turned out I didn't all was still there wish I had done that last night.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Were you using the MFS Live cd or other command line version, and when you issued the

backup | restore

command set, did you include the

-x

option on the restore side, instead of planning to do the expanding later after testing, and by using the

mfsadd

command?

5. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Was a download the latest version (is on another computer can't see # now) did back up to file on computer before doing copy (only took couple of minutes). When I put the back up file on the new 1TB drive when done asked if I wanted to use msf add I selected no looked at it with info then did add and supersize all super did was add 1 hour to SD. Never saw anything about -x not really any command lines just selecting drives what you wanted to do and start.