1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV from Tivo HD to Premier not working (other way works fine)

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by spaldingclan, Feb 17, 2013.

1. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I just bought a new (used) Tivo HD for the bedroom. I can transfer from the HD to the downstairs Premier but not the other way around...is this because of the known TTG certificate problem?

2. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    sorry I screwed that title up...from the Premier to the HD doesnt work. I can't even see the Premier on the HD. I CAN see my pytivo shares on the HD though. I'm guessing this is my router blocking Bonjour or the beacon thing?

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Are they on the same account? Or more to the point: do they have the same MAK?

(It would be normal for pyTivo to show up on machines with different MAKs, since it shares indiscriminately, unless told otherwise.)

4. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    if I log into tivo.com, they are both listed there. Yes same MAK. I got the tivo HD to finally see the premier by making them both a static IP address outside my DHCP range which seemed to work for one transfer but then the premier dropped off the NPL on the tivo hd...weird.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try rebooting both Tivos and possibly your router.

6. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    That didn't work

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Wait, does he know what 'Reboot' means?

Some terms to know.

Soft Reboot = restart from the menu.
    Hard Reboot = Pull the plug, wait a few seconds, plug back in.

8. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I soft rebooted...would it really matter?

9. SMWinnie

SMWinnie Dis Member

Aug 17, 2002
    Peninsulam...
    I'm seeing the same basic behavior. We have two Premieres, a TiVO HD and a WHS server running pyTivo. The pyTivo shares and one of the Premieres show up in the TiVo HD NPL. I did a soft reboot of the "missing" Premiere and it showed up...then disappeared.

10. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    yeah I was able to see the Premiere for a bit when I assigned static IP addresses

11. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    sounds like I need to try a different router. Seems that it's blocking them from talking.

12. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Or you could learn more about the various options available on the router you have now to see if any of them need to be changed.

But ask somebody else about the details, I know just enough to get into trouble.

13. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I've dived into the settings...looking for something about allowing multicast...no go