1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRS Issues with new Software

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by compnurd, May 11, 2012.

1. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Anyone one having MRS Issues?

Several times while streaming now i have a new error pop up saying there was a problem streaming the program and to Try again. I click try again, it resumes for a good amount of time and the error pops up again...

have never really had MRS issues

anyone else?

2. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Yes, same here

3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Are both TiVos running the same versions? They might have tweaked something that is causing conflicts. If not you might want to email Margret @ TiVo.com

4. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Or, maybe, you could contact TiVo support. :)

Joe

5. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    They both are. going to reboot both again then will email her

6. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Running some tests with Margret Still having issues

7. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Have you checked the image quality of the source material? I've experienced an issue with MRS when my source had some pixelation/stuttering due to a signal cable issue on the source channel. The receiving TiVo Premiere saw the signal degradation as an MRS issue and gave an error similar to yours.

When I went back and viewed the source material I saw definite degradation and pixelation in the source program at the location where the receiving Premiere was declaring an MRS failure.

8. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Good call but the source is fine i tried several videos... i have never seen this error before this update.... not sure if they changed the tolerance of the error

9. GoEagles

GoEagles New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Ran into the same error, Error 68. Both devices are running 20.2.1.1. One device is Premiere and the other Premiere Elite.

10. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    i sent them some logs. will let you know what they come back with

11. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Is any part of your network between 2 MRS units wireless or non-ethernet? That's always suspect #1 when it comes to MRS issues.

12. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    at the time of testing this error, No However i have never had wireless issues either when streaming

13. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    MRS has been the same for me since the update. That said, however, every now and then when I am streaming btwn Tivos I will get an interruption (it implies loss of wireless connection) during a show/movie but when I click on 'try again' or 'play' I'm right back in.

I don't know why this happens as I have a good internet connection and I cannot even remember the last time I lost service. So I just figure it as a momentary glitch somewhere, probably outside of the Tivos or with the wireless adapter/s. It might happen every few times I am streaming or it might happen in 1 in 10. But it doesn't happen that often and I am always able to immediately get back to the program.

14. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Right but i would rather get a few seconds of video shudder, compared to a message popping up every time

15. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, good point, Compnurd. For me, it has happened so infrequently, and never more than one time during a given program, that it hasn't been too frustrating.

16. jcole66

jcole66 New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    District of...
    I'm having streaming issues with the 20.2.1.1 software update on my 2 TiVo Premieres as well.

When I attempt to stream between them, which worked perfectly before this update, I'm getting a paragraph error message stating that my 2 devices may not be on the same network (they are). When this first happened after the 20.2.1.1 update, I just rebooted both boxes and then was able to stream between them. About 5 hours later when attempting to stream a different show, I got the network error message again. Even tho streaming 'thinks' my 2 TiVo's are on different networks, I'm able to transfer shows between them without issue.
    Hopefully this is something TiVo is looking into....

17. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    If you see a message questioning whether your two devices are on the same home network, please email me the TiVo Service Numbers of both boxes, and let me know how your network is configured. (Wired, wireless, MoCA) etc.
    margret@tivo.com

Thanks!

18. jdmaxell

jdmaxell New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Same Problem here! Going to email Margret.

19. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    This is kind of funny that I just happened to be here, while I was streaming a show from my other Premiere and I suddenly got an interruption with the message -

Problem Playing Video
    There is either a temporary problem with your home network, or the DVR BDRM may have been unplugged or restarted. (V68)
    For more info, visit tivo.com/help/V68

So, since I just happened to be online too, I decided to go to that url to see what it had to say. Imagine my surprise when it was 'Page not found' on the Tivo site. ha!

As usual, I was able to get back to my show, but I thought I'd share that message while it was right in front of me in case it has any major meaning.

20. h00ligan

h00ligan New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Add me to the list. TiVo screwed the pooch.

Streaming...error.

Copy over same program....2x real time.

The network is fine, the TiVo is broken....again.

And...they will never ever fix their channel lineup....I'm getting sick of this. Cable dvr with Mrv, TiVo can kiss my butt goodbye.