1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving between status bar tick marks

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MacSkip, May 22, 2012.

1. MacSkip

MacSkip New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Does someone know how to jump between the (usually 15-minute) tick marks on the TiVo status bar? I know that I can jump from the very end to the very beginning (and vice versa) using the Advance button (">|") but I'm hoping there's a way to move back/fwd between tick marks without the Forward (">>") or Back ("<<") buttons. I've looked thru the manual and the online TiVo Community Forum (TiVoCommunity.com) but can't find an answer.

2. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    hit FF then the advance button

3. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    And if you want to go to the previous tick mark hit rewind then the the advance button (an odd combo, but there it is).

4. MacSkip

MacSkip New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Somehow, someone has wires crossed. I tried both responses -- Fwd followed by Advance OR Rewind followed by Advance -- but in both cases Advance took me to the very beginning or the very end of the Status Bar. Did I misunderstand or am I missing something?

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    As far as I know that should work (but only in recordings. Live TV doesn't do 'skip to tick').

6. MacSkip

MacSkip New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Yup, you're correct. It works as described in recorded shows but not on live TV that's being recorded. Thanx for straightening me out. o/o