1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving and Season Passes

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sieglinde, May 12, 2012.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I will be changing cable companies soon due to moving to a different town. How will that affect my season passes? Will I have to reinput all of them or will they just change to the new channels?

2. tootal2

tootal2 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Your season passes should still work. Tivo will just change them to the new channel numbers.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
  4. 9300170

9300170 Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    Just did a similar move and my season passes did not automatically change to the new channels. I think that the only time they will move is if you change local sources and the channel callsign doesn't change but the number does...e.g.: what will work is if fox WTICDT is on channel 6 on comcast but you move across town to a Cox area and WTICDT is now on channel 7. What won't work is you have fox wticDT on 6 in connecticut and now you have fox KLJBDT on channel 18 in Iowa. You'll have to recreate your season passes...at least I did.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    That's because KLJBDT is not WTICDT.
    When you have cable or satellite, as the vast majority of Tivo users have, the channel names are all the same across the board so SP's will automatically find the new channel number to record.