1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie theater in my car...

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by bradleys, Sep 15, 2012.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Nothing helpful in this post - just sharing. ;)

So tonight I found myself sitting in my car for a couple hours waiting on my daughter - dads you know the drill... Knowing that I would be sitting for a while, I side-loaded a movie from my media server to the TiVo app. (Battle Los Angeles)

I connected the iPad to the Bluetooth audio in the car, leaned the iPad on the steering wheel and watched a movie with huge sound!

I use the stream quite a bit and for the most part it has worked great!

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are all you channels unprotected? All of my movie channels are protected and can't be sideloaded. :(

Dan

3. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    I have FIOS, so not too much of a problem with copy protection - but this was not a TiVo recording...

This movie was from one of my DVD archives. Moved it to the Premier and side loaded it to the iPad. Very quick and easy to do.

I travel quite a bit so I am really happy how easy this is....

4. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    I have fios also and your statement used to be true up until a month or so ago. Fios has recently started to lock down all of the pay stations.

5. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    FIOS didn't - the content owners did...

I shut down HBO, Showtome, et al years ago. With Redbox I get plenty of premium movies at a much cheaper price.

6. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    FIOS most certainly did. They control the mechanism.

7. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Control is the operative word in my mind... FIOS didn't decide to block the premium channels they were obligated to block them.

Your definition of control is different then mine.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The last time I checked it was only HBO and Cinemax. The several other Premium movie channels didn't have an issue. Has this changed?

9. DeWitt

DeWitt New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Summit, NJ
    So far only HBO and Cinemax for me, and we got a mail notification about it from FIOS.