1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved over from the Hopper and loving Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by B Smooth, Feb 10, 2014.

1. B Smooth

B Smooth Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Mckinney,TX,USA
    I moved over about 2 weeks ago after about 6 years away from Tivo. I have Roamio Plus with two minis. So far I am loving it. The interface is silky smooth and its wife/kid approved. My install went quickly even with a cabled card and tuning adapter and it all "just works". My wife mentioned that she misses having the commercials chopped out but that a small nit.

These may be features that I just don't know about, but I would have three asks to make my situation perfect....
    1) Allow the mini to initiate a pull of video from Tivo Desktop
    2) Some easy way to get my videos with DTS or 7.1 transferred to the roamio
    3) Remote finders on the mini's

2. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I can answer one for sure. If you buy the remote slide pro for the premiere, you get the usb dongle which has a remote finder button on it.

3. Rob_W

Rob_W New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Do you know of any place to get these for $50. Tivo seems to be out of stock (I see Weaknees has them for $80 - seems like a big jump in price over what Tivo has listed...).

4. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    No, it looks like WeaKnees is the only other place (at this time) carrying it. I guess it will be awhile before they start showing up on eB*y and retail outlets.

5. Rob_W

Rob_W New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I called Tivo a couple of weeks ago and was told they will get them in stock again but they have no idea when.

6. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    markyyn you mean the roamio and not the premiere right?because i have the premiere and i dont have a remote finder on the bluetooth dongle that i have using my qwerty remote on my tivo premiere.

7. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    He's talking about the dongle for the new RF Slide Pro remote for use with Premiere's. I think you're talking about the old Bluetooth Slide Remote dongle, which is now discontinued.