1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move recorded shows from Series 3 HD to new Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by nesbitttivo, Dec 22, 2013.

1. nesbitttivo

nesbitttivo New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Edmond
    Can I still move my recordings off the Series 3 without paying the monthly tivo subscription? I recall there being some tools that you can run on a pc that can copy the recordings off the hard drive with it connected to the pc via the sata drive controller. Is that a possibility or not?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Not possible. Did you already cancel service on the S3? Or transfer it from the Roamio? If so you'll need to pay for a month so you can transfer the shows over.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    .... or call Tivo and get the $99 lifetime on the S3.

4. nesbitttivo

nesbitttivo New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Edmond
    Yes transferred already. Guess I will have to add service for one month.

5. nesbitttivo

nesbitttivo New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Edmond
    Is it that simple just call and say I want the $99 lifetime special for my series 3?

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Pretty much. You missed the opportunity of using your Roamio purchase as leverage, but you still might get it.

Be prepared to play "CSR roulette" ... if the first rep won't give it to you, hang up and call back another time.

I don't know what your chances are getting the $99 lifetime. Depending on how long the S3 was in service, you may only be offered $199 for lifetime. You might want to hint that you'd sure hate having to send it to the landfill.

One thing is for sure ... if you don't call, your chances are zero.