1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola MTR700 w/ tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kryan2, Jul 21, 2011.

1. kryan2

kryan2 New Member

May 28, 2011
    Bright house hooked this up to my TiVo xl....and I am wondering if the USB connection from this is needed to TiVo? My other USB is for my wifi adapter, and now I have no room for my USB adapter that came with my slide remote
  2. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    by xl to you mean a tivo hd xl or tivo premiere xl?

If so you wont be able to to connect your tivo to the cable box. You will have to get a cable card and put into your tivo.

I'm guessing by the slide remote you have a premiere.

a premiere has no way of talking too, or recording something from a cable box. only a series 1 or 2 tivo can.

You will have to call bright hosue back out, tell them you need a MultiStream Cable Card, and have them install it in your premiere. The cable box is not needed unless you want another box so you can access on demand / ppv or you want to put it in another room.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    Both the HD and Premiere uses Cable cards and NOT cable boxes. The differences are, HD is Series 3, Premier is Series 4.

A slide remote will work on a Series 3 as well as 4.

Kryan, you should be able to add a USB Hub to get additional ports. The Tivo wireless adapter must be plugged into the Tivo instead of the hub.
  4. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    oh, sorry, I was thinking they were trying to hook the tivo up to a cable box. I just googled that model and found it to be a tuning adapter.