1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motive season 1 spoilers OK

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sieglinde, May 31, 2013.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Anyone watching this? So far I have only seen the first episode. Does it get better?

2. Jun 1, 2013 #2 of 32
    tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I like it. Only 3 episodes so far. Wondering how two seemingly unrelated people (killer and victim) end up together is part of the fun.

Preempted next Thursday for the NBA Finals.

3. Jun 1, 2013 #3 of 32
    Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Episode 3 ridiculous leap of logic:

How does the shell casing prove he was the killer? All it proves is that a shell casing from his gun was inside his own car. Since he filed his barrel, there's no way to match the bullet to his gun, so all they could prove is that at some point, he fired his gun and a shell casing ended up in his car. He could have easily said "Oh, I went to the woods to do some target practice and collected my casings. On the way home I had to hit my brakes hard and the casings spilled in the car. One must have bounced into the vent." There is no way to tie bullet that killed the limo driver to that shell casing and by extension to his gun.

4. Jun 8, 2013 #4 of 32
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    No new eps until 6/27
    I like the show, not a lot but it's ok. Taking it off the schedule for 4 weeks after only 3 episodes is only going to give me more time to not care.

5. Jun 8, 2013 #5 of 32
    tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Yeah, more scheduling idiocy from a network. It's almost like they want Motive to fail.

6. Jun 8, 2013 #6 of 32
    Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    It's already aired in Canada. So, you could get the whole season off of torrent or usenet if you were really interested in watching 'new' episodes.

7. Jun 8, 2013 #7 of 32
    scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's not that interesting.

8. Jun 9, 2013 #8 of 32
    Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    I enjoyed the season as a whole. It did take a few episodes to warm up.

9. Jun 9, 2013 #9 of 32
    Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Most of the motives have been done before so it's easy to figure things out.

10. Lori

Lori Social Defective TCF Club

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    I thought that episode three was nonsensical. It's the only one I've seen so far, and will likely be the only one that I will ever see. :)

11. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Only watched the first episode in its entirety so far (started to watch the 2nd as I went to sleep).

Is Canadian law really that close to U.S. law?

It seemed to be trying to be Generic American City.. Or at least there seemed to be few Canadian specific things -- no "aboot"s, I don't remember AUDIBLE mentions of Canadian things.. but one of the papers you saw briefly said IIRC British Columbia.

12. weaver

weaver Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Alexandria, VA

I heard one "aboot,", and a driver's license had an address in Vancouver, British Columbia. But, no overt mention of Canada.

13. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Don't the uniformed cops have maple leafs on their uniforms?

14. weaver

weaver Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    At least not as shoulder patches, but I haven't looked for the front of the uniforms yet. They are using a generic "Metro Police" shoulder patch, which includes a variant of the center of the Vancouver PD patch, without the crown. The shoulder patch can be seen around the 5 minute mark of the latest episode, and the same image can bee seen better around the 12 minute mark on Anjelika's business card. If I could resize and post images, I'd do that.

15. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Oh yeah.. The main guy (Louis Ferreira) definitely should be hired when they do a TV movie version of "The Hugh Jackman Story".

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I keep confusing him with Justin Louis.

17. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    No smiley, so I'll assume you are not just joking.
    Louis Ferreira is Justin Louis

18. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Woah, totally weird.. why does he go by two different names?

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    He went by Justin Louis earlier in his career (I'm guessing that it's his stage name as he was born in Terceira, A├žores Islands which is off the coast of Portugal) in things like Hidden Hills, which is where I first recall seeing him.

So I was thrown for a little bit when he was billed as Louis Ferreira in Stargate: Universe.
    I guess that's his birth name.

20. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though I don't remember the reason, and am too lazy to go look it up, IIRC his imdb biography gives more explanation of why he changed his name.. To honor his mother or something like that..

But anyway, I'll continue to watch this show, though the "gimmick" is wearing on me a little bit. I actually think it makes it HARDER to watch/understand the show. With the episode with the lottery ticket, I almost came back here to ask a question before I watched the end of the episode, thinking I was missing something. But the reason (yes, motive) was only explained in the very last few minutes. It didn't seem so strange in other episodes.

Also, even more vaguely, I could swear there was some OTHER show within the past few years that used a very similar technique... At least something along the lines of putting up the 'victim' and 'murderer' logos on top of them.