1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motive on ABC uses original Canadian air dates

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by scandia101, May 9, 2013.

1. May 9, 2013 #1 of 33
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Motive begins on May 20th and is now in the guide, but it's using the original Canadian OAD's so you'll need to set your SP or ARWL to record repeats

2. May 9, 2013 #2 of 33
    justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Is this show worth the bother? I do that for Merlin, but really wish I hadn't, because it sucks this year.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I'm sorry that you find it such a bother to set up a SP or to change a SP setting. Perhaps you could convince 'the powers that be' to limit the SP Alerts forum to only programs that are worth it.
    :rolleyes:

4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Whoa!?! Chill dude. What did I do to piss in your cheerios?

5. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    You made the mistake of asking a question to a grump. :)

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Motive is in my season pass but I still have none recording. Is it on Thursdays? I do not see it in any search for Portland, OR listings.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    It's probably preempted for the NBA finals airing on ABC. The same is true for Rookie Blue which doesn't come back until I think June 26.

8. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK, so far it is not even on my To Do list. I guess I will have to just see what happens.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Three episodes have aired so far, the last being May 30. It will be back on either the 20th or 27th, depending how long the playoffs go.

10. shiffrin

shiffrin Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    According to their Wikipedia page, it will start again on June 27.

11. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Well, I have missed them all so far. I will see if my to do list gets it. I do have first run only selected.

12. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Either you failed to read the first post in this thread (and the thread title) or you did not understand it. An FRO SP will not pick up episodes of this series, which is why the thread was created in the first place.

13. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    I saw it, but thought it was fixed by now and was surprised that I still had no new shows in my to do list. I do not suppose that changing it to include reruns at this stage will help.

14. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Then as I indicated with the second option, you didn't understand it. What did you think would be "fixed"? The Original Air Date(OAD) is just that, the Original Air Date, not the Original U.S. Air Date. You should have taken the suggestion in the initial post to heart and modified your SP accordingly, rather than ignoring it and thinking that the "problem" would be "fixed".

15. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    And Motive may not be showing up yet as it is not showing again until after the NBA finals

16. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    As I said 3 days ago.

17. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Thanks all, but it is only tv and I guess I have missed at least 3 shows already. Is this show worth getting? ie: change to get reruns?

Also, the reason I did not modify my SP was that I already missed the first 3 shows and thought that the "NEW" ABC sched would have all of this fixed.

18. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    ABC has only shown 3 episodes. They appear to be available on Hulu Plus and Amazon. It won't be on again until at least the 20th of June. If the NBA finals goes 7 games, it won't return until the 27th.

If you want your TiVo to record subsequent episodes, CHANGE YOUR SEASON PASS! An FRO SP will never record any of the first season episodes since they have already been shown in Canada. If the ratings are good enough, maybe ABC will decide to air the second season episodes soon enough after they air in Canada so that they qualify as new to the scheduler, but that is not until next year.

19. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...

OK, I will change the SP. Does it matter if we missed the first 3 shows? I mean do we need anything from them so we understand the next shows?

20. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Probably not, but I've only seen the first episode.