1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More then 1 Favorites Channel Guide..

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by swong_88, Aug 12, 2014.

1. swong_88

swong_88 New Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Hello all,

I am new to this forum since I just bought my first Tivo last month.. My current setup has:

1 Tivo Roamio Plus
    2 Tivo Minis

Is there a place where I can post to ask Tivo to add features to their User Interface?? I particularly wanted more then one Favorites Channels list.. One of my minis is used by kids only. Another one is used by my wife. They would obviously want different favorites channels.. Kids want the Hub, Cartoon Network, Disney channel, etc.. While my wife wants Nat Geo Wild, ID, TNT, etc....

Right now, that is not possible. Only the Roamio is allowed to create a favorites list and there is only 1 favorites list... Is there is a sneaky way around this or am I just stuck?? Thanks again for any advice or pointers you can give me...

:)

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No, but I think you can set parental controls for the kid's set.

3. swong_88

swong_88 New Member

Aug 12, 2014
    We have already done that but that is not the point though... There are just a lot of channels to scroll through sometimes. The beauty of the Favorites List is that it narrows things down to the ones that you look at most of the time. Everyone has different favorite channels that they want to look at... Kids don't want to have to scroll through mom's favorite channels and mom does not want to scroll through kid's favorite channels...

When I had the Verizon Fios DVR, they allowed you to setup multiple Favorites List and they have had that nifty Favorites button right on the remote that you could press. The Favorites Guide would pop up immediately. Press it again, your Favorites 2 Guide would pop up.. It was a great feature and something that Tivo should consider to add...

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    The closest is forums.tivo.com