1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momentary audio cut out

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bigguy126, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Setup is a roamio pro fed to a onkyo receiver - Verizon FIOS. Getting momentary audio cut out ONLY on A&E HD. It is happening once a minute.
    Does not happen on the SD version of A&E. It happens on both HDMI and a digital audio cable. Recorded show from the channel also has the cut outs. It also only seems to be when I have dolby enabled. If I switch to PCM is seems fine.

Trying to determine if it is the source or my setup. It is the only channel it is happening on. I've tried attenuators, switching splitters, rebooting the ONT. Rebooting the tivo. I only started noticing it since the recent software update. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Any ideas?

2. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    It's not you, and I'm glad someone else is seeing this. It's just A&E it seems. I'm in Comcast in NH. I even brought my crappy Comcast DVR downstairs to make sure it wasn't my Roamio.....it wasn't, same in the Comcast DVR.

-Kevin

3. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Still happening this morning. I submitted a Ticket to A&E (not sure they will actually look at it though). Good to know that you are on FIOS and having the issue while I'm on Comcast. Where are you located?

-Kevin

4. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    I'm in Pittsburgh. I'll submit a ticket to A&E too.

5. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Same problem in Houston on Comcast.

6. mike1273

mike1273 New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    And also on Suddenlink in Kingwood, TX

7. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Seems to be fixed. Sounds like problem was at the network.