1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family "Party Crasher" 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtivouser, Jan 22, 2013.

1. dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless TCF Club

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    I can't let this episode go by without a thread!

There were so many good one-liners, but they really had me with, "Just enjoy it."

And I missed it on the first watching, but at the end Mitchell asks "A full Uncle?" and Haley asks, "What's a fulunkle?"

I lost it when Lily was pushed off the chair.

Did anyone notice that Fred Savage directed this episode?

2. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    I loved this episode. The lily scenes were great. Her head slumped on the 'car' steering wheel with the horn sounding. :)

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I watched that scene several times. Got a good laugh out of me.

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    This show absolutely REQUIRES watching on a DVR...there are so many scenes that demand playback, and they happen so quickly...

5. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Anyone else say "Rafi" when he showed up on screen? His character wasn't all that different from his character on "The League".

6. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    And him saying something along the lines of "it's not like we didn't know she would be a bad driver" :p

YES! could not get him out of my head. He was a lot more reserved than Rafi would be, though ;)

7. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I watched The League from the beginning through current just a few weeks ago. Now it seems like I see him everywhere!

8. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Same here. Glad he toned down the Rafin-ness. :)

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, and he looked pretty much the same too.

10. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    LOVED this episode.....and last week's, too!
    This season has really been great.

Laugh out loud moments, 'feel good' stuff, great one-liners..

I post some of the one liners on FB and people always chime iin!

Awesome show. Lily has been hysterical and Luke.....I love it when he said, about his video....."going from a birthday party to a nature show", in that Luke tone of voice. Great!

11. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I am trying to figure out who all of you are talking about here, but this is completely out of context for me so I have no idea.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The boyfriend who freaked out Phil.

13. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    He plays a crazy character on the FX show The League. His name is Rafi on that show. And when I say crazy, take what you just saw and multiply by 100.

14. dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless TCF Club

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    "It's my ex-wife calling, and not the good one!"

15. Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    Awww....Manny and his brother share a birthday!

Most people seem to be of the opinion that having to share your birthday with a sibling is a really terrible thing but most people I know who do share seem to like it. It's very strange that it's something that people have an opinion on without having experienced it themselves.

16. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    My brother's birthday is three days before mine. We always had combo parties.

I hated it-they brought him home on my third birthday. Then I didn't mind so much. So I guess I was a little of both.

17. Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    I think they like sharing a single date more than they would just having birthdays that are really close. It's something fairly unusual they can tell people to impress them.

I've let my kids choose whether to have individual parties or a combo party (when they were younger, it was ALWAYS separate so that doing a combo would be something special). Typically if they do a combo party, it is a much bigger event (like lasertag!) that they have agreed on.

They coined the term "half-twins" to explain the connection and my daughter loves to tell people that her brother got the best birthday present ever for his third birthday. He's just starting to hit the age where he's annoyed by that comment (though if it wasn't that, I'm sure she'd say something else to annoy him).

Day of we always take them to Benihana's which they both adore. Actually, what's been hardest is that on that day, the youngest always throws a fit because from her perspective, EVERYONE is getting a birthday but her. :D