1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family | "Games People Play" | 2013-05-15

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, May 16, 2013.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    So-so episode for me.

Luke's quote after falling out of the RV bathroom was the highlight for me :)

No inter-family scenes that I remember...

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I liked the 3 RV dad's meeting up and discussing their trials.

3. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    That was really the only part I liked, especially as an RV parent.

4. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    It bugs me when they make the narration portions part of the story. By which I mean, instead of commenting on the plot, they are made to be part of the plot. Claire's narration of the RV trip was played as though she was finding out what happened on the trip at the same as we did, which is impossible. Nitpick.

Anyway -- yes, a pretty average episode. My favorite part came at the very end. Phil is working with Haley on her dance routine while Alex is tutoring Luke nearby. Phil is counting out the dance steps when Alex starts explaining a math concept to Luke. Phil says (something like), "Do you mind? We're doing something important here." The brief look Ariel Winter (Alex) gives the camera was hysterical. A perfectly-played minor beat.

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Not a nitpick it totally bugged me.

6. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    Lots of reality shows have the person re-create what they were thinking at the time... took this the same way.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Doesn't bother me in the least....just teevee....