1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family | "Disneyland" | Season 3 Ep 22 | 5-9-12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, May 10, 2012.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Why do I get the feeling they are trying to channel the Brady Bunch at times? Didn't they have a Hawaii vacation last season? This one brought back memories of the Brady Bunch at King's Island :)

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Jay: "You don't want women interested in you only for your money, do you?"

Manny: "I'd like to have that option".

But the Manny character is so over the top I just don't find him funny much anymore.

Overall just an average episode IMHO.

3. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I had high expectations for this being a Disneyland episode. It seems like they just took a regular script, added a couple of things, and filmed it at DL instead of on the set. It was pretty lame.

They needed like 3X the number of extras walking by to make it look more realistic.

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I loved Jay and the shoes. First getting the slippers for his wife and then getting the high heels for his granddaughter. Perfect!

5. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    When Lilly started barking while being attached to the leash, I fell out! Hilarious.

Manny - I don't find him funny anymore. I'd rather he not be in the episodes anymore.

6. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Jay's closing line was absolutely priceless. One of my favorite lines of the series. :D :up:

7. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Theyvre got to dial Manny back a couple of notches. Instead of being funny, he's just a little dooshbag now.

8. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Two lines stood out for me.

Manny saying his friend invested in IBM "because it was funny to say."

Mitchell on the phone correcting Cam's pronounciation of "Toon Town" saying he watched too much PBS. Toonton. Heh.

I also loved Phil and Luke enjoying the rides - my wife commented that it was like me and our eldest son at an amusement park. :D (Minus the flu)

While I am usually annoyed by product placement, I thought a Disneyland themed episode with ads for the new Cars attraction was well done and not distracting.

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    And then he said Downton Disney!

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I really enjoyed it. Since ABC is owned by Disney, I didn't find the use of Disneyland to be problematic at all. In fact, I'm surprised more ABC shows don't film episodes there.

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The last time I went to Whole Foods the check-out person asked me if I had my own bags, and when I said no, he looked funny and asked me again. So I really laughed at the line:

I haven’t been judged by this many people since I forgot my canvas bags at Whole Foods.”

12. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Lilly meeting another leashed girl at DL was hilarious and then the banter like they were two dogs.

13. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Wasn't it a pair of boys? I thought I remembered one was named Rex. As soon as I saw them I knew we were in for the tangled leash gag.

Jay's solution to Lily's running was brilliant, I didn't see that one coming.

14. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    For posterity:

“I don’t know what happened. Maybe it’s what robot Lincoln said about a man’s duty or keeping the union together. Maybe I just chickened out. But I realized that staying with my kids was more important than leaving my wife. Now, that’s not the right decision for everyone but it was the right decision for me. So, I stuck it out ‘til they were grown …

And the universe rewarded me.”

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    You forgot the most important part of that quote:

16. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Heh.. it just occurred to me how excited she is to see him all the time.. "YAY!" \o/

17. ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde New Member

May 1, 2012
    When Jay says "I think we need a kid to get in" I almost died.

18. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    What game was Manny playing? I didn't get that part.

19. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I think it was a stock investment club. Everyone gets the same amount of theoretical money, then invests it in the stock market. Whoever has the most amount of money at the end wins.

20. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I thought of the movie Risky Business when I heard it.