1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Family "Baby On Board" 5/23/12 spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by YCantAngieRead, May 24, 2012.

1. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I had a suspicion that eventually Gloria would be pregnant, but I was still surprised when it happened.

Luke is quickly becoming one of the funniest parts of this show.

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I guess we now have some fodder for next season's story-lines.

3. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Why? I'm sure Gloria knows that Jay is the fodder :p

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I wonder how much that $25/day fine totaled up to? :)

5. milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    McLean, VA
    i'm still not sure how Luke was helping Dylan. By her going away to college? what did i miss?

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    :up:

Ahahahahahahaha. :D

7. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Mixed bag for me, as is often the case. Anything involving the kids is usually gold, and that was true with this episode, too. Some of Sarah Hyland's expressions in this one as she reacted to things were just perfect. All the Alex stuff was great. I even enjoyed Manny, who I think has edged too much into caricature lately. They dialed that back this week.

But I thought the whole "Mitch, Cam and Gloria walk into a Spanish soap opera" was silly, and not funny. Unfortunately that was a large part of the ep.

Loved Phil teaching Alex to dance: "Your arms are down. That says, 'I'm white and I'm sorry.'"

8. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    Yeah, I didn't follow this either.

9. Satchel

Satchel Active Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Dylan was saying he and Haley were moving in together because he couldn't stand the thought of her leaving for college.

Luke intercepted the college acceptance letter. He was telling Dylan not to worry about Haley and college, that he had the letter and she wouldn't know she got in. Luke wanted Haley to stay home too.

Dylan took the letter to give to Haley.

10. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Luke should have to spend the next season in federal prison for stealing mail. :D

The whole latino soap opera thing in the hospital was funny. But if they're going to make light of the adoption process, they shouldn't have taken the baby away from them, that was a bummer.

I am probably going to go off the PC scale on this one, but I am not usually a fan of watching TV shows with gay couples. But this show seems to do it just right.

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    My wife and I both thought this was a weird, not that funny episode.

12. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    I've been ambivalent about this show for a while now. It used to be one of my favorites (S1), but since then I feel like most of the characters have lapsed into caricatures. I did enjoy the scene where Phil was trying to teach Alex how to dance though. :)

Favorite line of the ep, courtest of Dylan: "I know that you're concerned, but I'm designing t-shirts now, and they're going to be huge... also medium and small."

13. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah, I'll agree that it's been a bad couple months. Both "The Middle" and "Suburgatory" now eclipse it, IMO.

Not looking forward to Gloria's pregnancy. Was she not taking birth control? Did Jay not get a vasectomy at some point (would have been prudent when marrying a much younger woman, no?)? Suspension of disbelief went out the window here, but beyond that I just don't think it's necessary. It reeks of desperation on the part of the writers. Sadly, I knew what was coming when Jay said he was "getting too old for this"; it couldn't have been more transparent.

14. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Why would she have to take birth control? Why should Jay have gotten a vasectomy?

15. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Well, this was clearly an unplanned pregnancy, but the implication that they were doing nothing to prevent it is wholly unrealistic. It's been raised in passing that Gloria wants another child, but you'd think they'd utilize some form of contraception or talk about it beforehand. To not do so, especially given her age, seems irresponsible and not in keeping with the show.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it'll get addressed next season. But it just seems odd.

16. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Will Mitchell and Cam raise Jay and Gloria's baby?

17. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    no freaking way.

18. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was thinking of that too. Didn't they have a discussion about that when they were talking about Claire being a surrogate for them in that episode earlier in the season?

19. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I wonder if this will be a May sweeps baby or a November sweeps baby. :)

This episode shows you why I'm starting to hate social networking. Because as soon the show began I checked into it on getglue. The first thing I see in conversation thread is the post Gloria is pregnant. :(

20. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I was hoping this was somehow going to be a prank on Gloria.. (but they wouldn't've missed their kid's recital for that)