1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MoCA to Ethernet

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by macevedo, Sep 13, 2013.

1. macevedo

macevedo New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    I have the Roamio and two minis connected over MoCA. In one of the rooms I have a PS3, WD TV Live and an Apple TV. I used to have them connected via Powerline adapter but since now I have MoCA connecting the mini I though maybe I could use the ActionTec to go from MoCA to ethernet by plugging the cable that from the wall to the MoCA Adapter and then the Ethernet cable to an ethernet switch.

Will this kind of setup work?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Yes, that is the exact purpose of a MoCA-Ethernet bridge.
  3. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I used to have a similar setup with my two Premieres, but I had a MoCA adapter tied into my wireless router. Now that I've replaced them with a Mini and a Roamio, the Roamio has a MoCA connection to the wireless router and I have a switch plugged into back of the ethernet port on the Roamio and several devices get their internet connection through the switch. If you have a switch laying around you could try this with the Mini to see if it operates the same way. The worst case would be you use a MoCA adapter where the Mini is and plug everything everything into a switch.
  4. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    The mini cannot act as a MoCA bridge, only the Plus or Pro can.
  5. macevedo

macevedo New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Thanks, but will I be able to use the Roamio on one end and the Actiontec in the other or do I need to have an actiontec on each side?
  6. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    What's establishing your moca network? If it's the Roamio, you can put the actiontec anywhere.

If it's the actiontec, you'd need another actiontec at the location of the ethernet switch (unless the switch is at the location of a Roamio plus/pro, in which case you can connect the ethernet switch to the Plus/Pro.)