1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOCA networking issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by smoberly, Aug 29, 2013.

1. smoberly

smoberly Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Plano, TX
    I have Time Warner cable with Tuning Adapters and two premieres that are currently configured with one premiere hard wired in to my AT&T Uverse gateway, and the other connected via a TiVo wireless N adapter. In spite of the fact that the two TiVo's are on opposite sides of the wall from each other, two feet as the crow flies, the ability to stream between the two is very poor at best. So, I decided to set up a MOCA network...purchased my Actiontec adapters, and then realized that my AT&T Uverse internet connects to the gateway via a traditional telephone line. Since the MOCA adapter has to be connected from the source via coax, it appears that my plan will not work.

Is anyone aware of another option? I called TiVo technical support and they were not able to help. I called AT&T technical support and they were not able to help....

Can anyone here help, or am I stuck with my current ineffective means of streaming between my two TiVo's.

Thank you.

2. snarler

snarler New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Assuming you have the coax in your walls already and jacks where the TiVos are, why not just get a cheap switch, put it with the hard wired TiVo, plug the switch into the gateway, plug the moca and current wired TiVo into the switch, then plug the current wireless TiVo into the second moca?