1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moca Missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by wecnews, Jan 22, 2014.

1. wecnews

wecnews New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I have a roamio plus and am using 2 mini's right now in the downstairs of my home.

I have a Tivo HD in an upstairs bedroom and I'm replacing it with a mini.

Now I'll have a total of 3 mini's in the house to share signal from the roamio.

Well… the third mini won't see a moca signal at all.

I get cable service fine on the outlet from the Tivo HD but the mini sees nothing.

Other two mini's work fine.

I have a POE filter installed.

I also switched mini's. I put the new mini downstairs where one of the older working mini's was.

The new mini worked fine.

The old mini which worked fine downstairs I brought upstairs to the trouble spot and it doesn't work there either.

So I figure for some reason moca isn't getting upstairs to that outlet.

but it's getting everywhere else.

Comcast says I only have one POE to the house and everything's connected, so they don't know what to tell me and they don't really support Moca….

So…. any suggestions?

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    You may have a splitter on the outside of your home to bring the cable to the upstairs room, pull the cables from the inside feed and see if the cable signal goes away from the upstairs, you have to find the upstairs feed cable.

3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, you gotta chase down your wiring. That one run is either "outside" of the POE filter, has an old filter/attenuator/etc of some sort on it that needs to be removed, running through an old splitter that's not able to pass the signal, or (least likely) maybe the cable running to that one location is old and not shielded well enough and running too close to source(s) of interference.

4. Luckyluc

Luckyluc New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Great info. I am pretty close to adding a Roamio Plus and Mini with MOCA.