1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOCA help/input needed Central FL Brighthouse network

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by xbr23, Oct 7, 2012.

1. xbr23

xbr23 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I need some help trying to figure out my home network using MOCA and Tivo Premier XL4 with Brighthouse tuning adapter.

i have a par of Netgear MCAB1001 MOCA adapters. i was able to set those up and they are working fine. so my home network is supporting the MOCA, they are working in default settings, no problems.

i enabled MOCA on my Premier XL4 which is connected to a Brighthouse Tuning adapter. the Tivo box cannot find a MOCA connection.

does anyone know if the tuning adapter is the problem or is there more to the MOCA settings that i haven't figured out?

i live in Orlando, anyone local dealt with this issue? i am trying to set up Tivo Stream and i need the Tivo factory ethernet port for the Stream to work.

any and all input is appreciated. i am not super techy, but i can mess up stuff pretty easily.... ;)

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Make sure you're not using the TA's coax splitter to feed your XL4. I have the Cisco STA1520 from Brighthouse and the internal splitter filters out the MoCA signal. Try putting a coax splitter (one that supports MoCA) in front of the TA and run one coax line to the TA and a separate one to the TiVo.

3. xbr23

xbr23 Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    got it, i will give it a try and post up with results. thanks for the help.

4. BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Hope the above solution works for you. I have a request however...would you allow us to come out and put a MOCA trap on your drop so you don't bleed MOCA back onto our network? There will be no charge. Please PM me and I'll make the arrangements.

Thanks!

Gary