1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mob Doctor - Pilot - 9/17/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by allan, Sep 18, 2012.

1. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    So far, I like. Not only did the show keep my attention, but the doctor is hawt!

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, I had seen a couple of bad reviews, but it certainly didn't seem any worse than other shows on the air.

It will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes with this other mob guy in charge. Not sure why the doc didn't tell the new guy "no killing"...

3. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Ditto on the bad reviews but I liked it, I liked the Chicago location and I've always liked the Doctor (My Boys)

4. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    And can any employee spend more time in her car driving around than she does?

We enjoyed it though. Good seeing Matt from FNL again and I think Ms. Spiro is getting better looking as she ages, as well.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Don't get too attached. The show bombed in the ratings, pulling a 1.5. FYI "Lonestar" was pulled off the air a couple of years ago after 2 episodes after getting a 1.3 rating in it's premiere.

6. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, I figured, just based on the fact that I liked it, that it wouldn't last. Every show I liked last season also got axed. :p

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I actually liked it too.

The first few minutes were pretty bad and suddenly I was sucked in :)

Matt Sarasin - i thought he would a been a big movie star by now...

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Seemed kind of blah at first… then I *sort* of got into it near the end.. But even saying that, I'm trying purposely to not get a ton of more shows to "have" to keep up on.. So I'm probably going to nuke the SP, especially since it's already against other shows..

9. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    She is pretty dumb for a supposedly smart woman.

Hmm, this ex mob boss just used me to take out the current mob boss so he could become boss again. New boss offers me a clean break from the deal that got me into all the trouble in the first place if I just leave town. I say "no" and transfer my debt to the new boss because my mom and brother live there?!?! **** that, I'm on the first plane to anywhere not named Chicago. And even if I am going to stay, there would be some renegotiation of the deal parameters.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suppose it could be argued that it goes without saying she won't kill or harm for the new boss, since when the old boss tried to make her do it she ended up getting him killed.

Still, whether or not it goes without saying, it would have been a whole lot better had it been said. I suspect that is a conversation they will be having sooner rather than later.

I have to admit, "Nobody's afraid of you" was a great moment. :D

11. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    If she had killed that guy, I would have deleted the SP at that moment. As it is, I only have two tuners and they are busy recording something else next week.

12. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Wasn't bad, but it felt like a show that should be on a cable network.. USA, FX or TNT..

13. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    I recorded it and plan to watch it soon hopefully. The reviews I skimmed were not friendly though.

14. digdug

digdug New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Getting ready to make room for something else in that time slot...

15. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    My wife and I enjoyed it. We will continue watching for now.

16. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I deleted the SP right after watching the first episode, it was just awful.

17. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The second episode is getting Lonestar numbers - a 1.3 overnight rating in demographic, and the lowest-rated "big four" show of the night. Somebody keep an eye on the usual sites for a "hiatus" announcement, although with Fox showing college football on Fridays, the only place it has to burn off episodes is its Saturday 11 PM slot.

Then again, if Fox does want to pull it, it may wait until the scheduled episodes on 10/1 and 10/8 air, as there is already a baseball pre-emption scheduled for 10/15, and a couple of "if necessary" games the following two Mondays (NLCS Game 7; World Series Game 5).

18. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    This. Surgical residents are heavily scheduled. "I need an hour." What?!

Also, it's going to seem really contrived to have a mob connection every week.

It's not bad, but ... meh.