1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mlb Tv

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Scooterj, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Scooterj

Scooterj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Has anyone used MLB TV on Tivo before and how did it function? Fast, slow, buffering etc. I assume it should work good with The Roamio because it is quicker then the older Tivo models. I had it last year on the Roku 3 and it was real fast no buffering and you could switch between games in about 3 seconds.
  2. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    I haven't used MLB.tv on the Roku, but I have used it on my iPad and my Roamio. The iPad is great compared to the TiVo. It's not that the TiVo app is horrible, but it's just not as fast as it could/should be. I use Netflix quite a bit on the TiVo. Netflix, in my opinion, is great and is what the MLB.tv app should be.
  3. Ed_Hunt

Ed_Hunt Pokerpro

Jan 2, 2004
    I used the app last season on a premier and it worked just fine. Well as fine as MLB can work, I'm not a big fan of the program, it needs a lot of work but its my only option to watch the Red Sox win another world series.
    The app works at least as well on the Tivo as it does on my computer which is, of course, much more powerful.
    I've been a subscriber for 4 years now so if I can be of any help let me know.
  4. StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    I've used MLB.tv on Roamio, Roku, Apple TV and a Nexus 7. I usually end up using it on the Roamio because that's the gadget I usually use to watch TV.