1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb.tv Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rrudd2, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mar 1, 2014 #1 of 26
    rrudd2

rrudd2 New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Central...
    I'm new to TiVo and this community, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

We've got the Roamio that supports OTA TV. Right now, it's its connected to our wifi network.

I've got the MLB.TV Spring Training package. I've watched games the last two days and at the end of both games I've received the following message on my screen:

[​IMG]

The only way I can find to clear this message is to restart the Roamio. I haven't run across anything on the remote that clears this message.

Does anyone else get this message? If so, how do you clear it?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Mar 1, 2014 #2 of 26
    StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    I did see that once. Playing a recorded program cleared it for me.

3. Mar 1, 2014 #3 of 26
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I don't use that app, but have you tried pressing Clear button?

4. Mar 2, 2014 #4 of 26
    Riverdome

Riverdome Member

May 12, 2005
    Different question but same app - it just doesn't work. Games play fine on my laptop so no issues with router / ISP but on my Tivo I can't get a single game to load. I get the loading message and then ultimately the Tivo reboots.

I thought I saw a similar thread on TC last season but a search didn't help. Any thoughts?

5. Mar 3, 2014 #5 of 26
    keenanSR

keenanSR Member TCF Club

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    I just watched the end of the Nats/Yankees game and didn't see what you posted above, it just went to a "this game has completed" screen. I left it there for about 5 mins and then just navigated back to the game listings. Nothing odd, it all operated as it should.

Maybe something with your provider or with the channel sourcing the broadcast of the game you were watching.

This is the first time I've used to TiVo MLB.tv app and have to say I'm impressed with the picture quality, much better than I thought it would be and although I haven't checked yet, it's definitely better than it looked last year on the PS3. Maybe it's because there's a light load on the servers as it's spring training, I'm hoping not though as it looks very good.

6. Mar 3, 2014 #6 of 26
    rrudd2

rrudd2 New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Central...
    I'm brand new at TiVo, so I may have something screwed up. I will see what I can figure out as I go.

I really like the MLB.TV app too. Picture quality is excellent. App is very responsive. I just need to figure out what's causing the message to remain on the screen after the game I'm watching ends.

7. Mar 6, 2014 #7 of 26
    frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I had intended to watch a spring training game on Monday when I was snowed in. Got the same message. Call CS, and after 10-15 of useless rote troubleshooting, the rep found out that spring training games are not available through Tivo, only regular season games. She didn't know why.

If anyone from Tivo is reading this message, please explain why.

8. Mar 6, 2014 #8 of 26
    CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Is it a case of you having to have full MLB Premium (which includes the spring training games) for it to work on a TiVo? Ie, is it the accounting is such that just the spring training package won't work?

I've had no problems; I have MLB Premium.

9. Mar 6, 2014 #9 of 26
    keenanSR

keenanSR Member TCF Club

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    I have the Premium package and spring training games have been working fine for me.

10. rrudd2

rrudd2 New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Central...
    I specifically bought the MLB.TV Spring Training package that was available earlier this year. I wanted to try it before I committed to a full season.

I intend to buy the MLB.TV premium package before the season starts.

11. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I have MLB Premium and have been an uninterrupted subscriber for three years.

12. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Good to know. I'll try it again. MLB through Tivo is one of the major reasons I upgraded to Roamio in the first place.

13. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I have the Premium package and Spring Training games on my Roamio are fantastic...the app is awesome and fast (unlike the P4)

To be honest the app ran just fine on the P4 but was just really sow last season...but the games still looked great

14. szvers

szvers New Member

May 20, 2005
    I have been watching games on the roamio. When I watch a game, I hit the info button,but I can't go back to watching full screen. Which button do I press? Clear doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    ok so I'm wrong...for some reason I can only watch about half the spring training games (there's no rhyme or reason as to which ones are allowed)

I did pay for MLB.TV premium

16. humbb

humbb Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    I believe that you can do it two ways, Info (again) or Zoom.

17. szvers

szvers New Member

May 20, 2005

The games that are listed with the message "you are not authorized" is because there was no tv broadcast for that game that day.

18. szvers

szvers New Member

May 20, 2005

Thank you , zoom worked.

19. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Ha, that's funny...I just assumed all games are televised even though it's just spring training.

20. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    So am I the only one whose TiVo crashes almost every time I use the mlb.tv app? I have tried using it both last Fall and earlier this week and it almost always crashes the TiVo and forces a reboot within an hour of starting. I have just gone back to my Apple TV because it interrupts recordings and is way too disruptive when the crash happens.