1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB app (using international subscription)?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mr_smits, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I am currently OTA using Premieres and antenna, so I haven't been seeing the MLB playoffs except through my MLB International subscription and UK VPN connection. Is it possible to get the Tivo MLB app to work in this way, or is there a limitation built into the app (like the iPad has for geolocation)?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    The MLB.tv app on the TiVo doesn't support the playoffs anyways afaik. At least not in the US. I would be surprised if it worked with a international subscription since they are two different products.

3. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm asking if it is hard coded somewhere in the app that the only MLB option is for the U.S. version, even if connected through an international VPN.

As far as I can tell, the products aren't too different other than IP address lockdown and GPS location tattling via iOS devices. I prefer to watch on my TV rather than laptop.

4. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007
    This product should work. Free trial to test it out.
    http://www.unblock-us.com/

It just uses custom DNS addresses to spoof your location.

5. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Looks like you have to pay the $25 for postseason to get things working anyway.

6. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    This is what MLB.TV site says:

MLB.TV Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber outside of the United States and Canada, each of these games will be available live and as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within the United States or Canada, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

I bought the Premium Package and watched the game the next day with no problems on my Tivo Elite or my Roku 3.

It looks like it works the same way as the Fox Sat. blackouts during the season.