1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing: Did it wrap itself up? No Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by NYHeel, May 21, 2012.

1. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    I have the 10 episodes of Missing sitting on my Tivo and I'm trying to decide if I should watch it. Without giving anything specific about the show away, can you tell me if the main story line wraps itself up by the end of the season?

I really don't want to waste 7.5 hours watching a show that going to be open ended and is already cancelled. I don't need every single little thread tied up completely but I really don't want to bother if the main plot line remains unresolved by the end of the season/series.

Thanks

2. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Hard to say without spoilering, but I will say this:

The season's story arc ends cleanly.

Character arcs are a different story, but there is definitely a resolution to the main plot of the first season.

3. Marc

Marc Active Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    You'll get rather good closure on pretty much everything if you stop watching the finale about a minute before it otherwise ends. They threw in a cliffhanger at the very end of the episode to start the next season. It's not that major and easily ignored given the rest of the show, but if you want a completely clean series, keep that in mind.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, the main plotline is wrapped up. They did try and add a twist, obviously to set up another season which won't happen, but as others have said, easily ignored.

5. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    That works for me. I'll probably give it a shot sometime this summer. I can always just pretend to disregard the last few minutes.

6. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    Yeah. It was wrapped up with a nice little, syrupy bow at the end, excepting the last minute or two. You'll definitely know when you can turn it off. There's a very obvious scene change at that point.

For those that have seen it, my wife and I explained the cliffhanger this way since it won't be coming back for another season:
    She was playing a practical joke. They cut the camera off right before she jumped out from around the corner and said "gotcha". That was our way of keeping it as a happy ending.

7. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I had a separate interpretation for my own happy ending:
    She faked herself gone so she could have a relationship with Giancarlo who she really wanted to be with.