1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfits -- S01E01 -- 07/19/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by madscientist, Jul 20, 2012.

1. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    OK, this show was kind of fun. You can catch it on Logo. Too bad they had to silence a lot of the swearing; BBC is pretty blue! I suppose it would be better if we "found" the original somewhere, but it's not such a great show that I feel compelled to go to those lengths. A good summer show though.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    This is show that, season by season, just keeps getting better and more interesting. Which I guess is all I will say.

3. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I loved Misfits. I can't imagine watching it censored (language and content both). It gets better with each episode and it is well worth tracking down unedited versions.

4. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I agree that this show is great and gets better! I think folks on this side of the Atlantic would benefit from subtitles to decipher some of the stronger accents.

I found myself constantly rewinding to catch one character's (Kelly, played by Lauren Socha) especially heavy-accented (Derbyshire, England) speed-talking style. Her brother (Michael Socha) also plays a werewolf in the UK version of "Being Human". They look (and sound) like twins.

One thing about casting actors in UK productions ... they definitely find odd-looking women for great parts.
    e.g., Lauren Socha in "Misfits"
    [​IMG]

Amanda Lawrence in "Dead Boss"
    [​IMG]

Rosamund Hanson in "Life's Too Short"
    [​IMG]

5. Aniketos

Aniketos New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Is it not on Hulu anymore? That's how I watched the entire run.

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I loved that Life's too Short girl. One of the best things about that show.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Thanks for the censoring and cuts warning - it releases on DVD at the end of the month - I think I will wait for that :)

8. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    For a long time I couldn't use Hulu because they didn't support Linux. They do now though. Also it seems I can use my Wii to get video on the TV; I'll have to try that. I'm already using my Wii for Netflix streaming more than my TiVo, because the TiVo/Netflix interface sucketh rancid moat water.

However the Hulu episodes don't seem THAT much longer; 47 to 48 minutes per episode. Maybe I'll watch the first one again on Hulu and see if I notice anything that was cut out.

9. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Hrm. Wii support requires Hulu Plus. Not sure I'm that interested. I might try the free week and see how it goes.

10. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I watched this show quite some time ago. How can season 1 episode 1 be dated 07/19/2012?

Or is that just when the OP happened to watch it?

11. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I'm guessing its when he watched it :)

I also found this show on Hulu about a year or so ago and became hooked...

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It is now airing on American TV for the first time.

13. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Ah - that makes more sense. :)

14. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    It's airing on Logo on Thursdays at 10/9c.

15. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It's totally uncut on Hulu. X rated language (even the C word) and quite a bit of nudity. I only recently discovered it and now I'm addicted.

16. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I watched the first two episodes on Hulu. I didn't notice anything cut from the first episode as shown on Logo; they just muted the worst of the swear words.

The second episode had a good bit of nudity; it'll be interesting to see how much they keep.

17. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I'm midway through season 2 on Hulu+. Sadly, the nudity in episode 2/season 1 is the only time they've had it. The swearing also seems a bit toned down as the series progresses.

For those not watching it, think the US series Heroes. For me, it's equal in quality to season 1 of Heroes and MUCH better than the Heroes after season 1.