1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minor Software Update Coming?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Balzer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The Tivo Software Priority Request page was changed today, stating there is a minor software update coming and we can submit our TSN's for priority.

A minor software update will be available shortly. Normally, it can take up to 4 weeks for every eligible box to receive the latest software. If you want to receive your upgrade early, enter your TiVo Service Number (TSN) below to skip to the front of the line!

I tried to submit mine, but it said "already submitted". I suppose that is because mine was still on file from the spring update?

http://www.tivo.com/priority

2. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    I tried mine (two units) and got the same result for both. They both come back already submitted.

3. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Congratulations!
    Your TiVo box will be updated within 3 days
    of the minor software update becoming available.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what changes in 3 days. Exciting times.

4. MC Hammer

MC Hammer New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    It says within 3 days of the update being released. Not 3 days from date of submission.

5. robaustin

robaustin Member

Nov 14, 2004
    I tweeted with TivoMargret this morning. It wasn't ready until about an hour ago. I got mine submitted. This update is intended to fix the V68 issue many had with MRS.

--*Rob

6. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Nice catch. Thanks. I need to read slowly. But, thanks to OP, I am in queue, and am looking forward to this.

7. Bighouse

Bighouse 200 Club Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Guerneville, CA
    Who's gonna be the first to post they have it?

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    is it even out yet? it was only announced 3 days ago that one is coming but no availability date margret said in the coming weeks

9. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    my guess is it will be out before the end of the month. But who knows when exactly.

10. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    sorry for being naive? what is the V68 issue?? I have a new XL4 Elite for 2 weeks and have had consistent tuner issues with Pixelation and dropped channels...I have replaced the box twice and had the cable company in to review the signal. I dont want to get to deep into it here as I have posted on another thread.

Will this update correct any of these issues?

11. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2275

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Man! That V68 troubleshoot is pretty lame. First of all, every time I got interrupted during MRS and got the V68 error, there was nothing wrong with any of my equipment or my network. It's something glitchy going on in the Tivo/s. Fortunately (crossing fingers), it's been going really well with MRS lately.

Secondly, when I have had the V68 error MRS interruption, I've always been able to just click right back in and I was back to watching my show in 5 seconds (well, except for one time when it took two times to get back in). I don't see how doing all that powercycling, forced connection, and restart stuff would make a difference. Geez, if I had to go to all that trouble every time it happened I'd just give up.

13. Bighouse

Bighouse 200 Club Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Guerneville, CA
    It's out now...

14. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    how did you get it? forced connection or downloaded over night?

I wonder how long before the rest get it?

15. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Did you register here: http://www.tivo.com/priority

Mine downloaded over night. Everyone should have it within a few weeks, unless it gets pulled for some unknown issue that pops up.

16. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    yes I did did the software version change?

17. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  18. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Quick update to my original post. When they changed that Priority page to announce the upcoming "minor software update", I tried to submit my TSN, but it said it was already updated. I figured the registrations were kept from the spring update.

But I noticed on Twitter that someone else had done that too, and Margret responded to try it again and let her know if it doesn't work.

So I just tried mine again and it did accept it this time. So I guess we do need to register again for the new update.

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes, she had mentioned that before that you need to re-register for each update.