1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minneapolis Comcast emergency!

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Rob Helmerichs, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The TiVo Guide Data just processed the channel changes for the digital migration. The bad news is, the actual migration doesn't happen until November. So everything...EVERYTHING...will be screwed up until it gets reset to the correct channel line-up.

I've talked to Comcast, and am now on hold with TiVo.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They're working on it, but in the meantime they say you can use zip code 55439 to get the correct line-up. I'm changing it right now. They assured me it wouldn't bork my Season Passes.

3. Keen

Keen Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Good god Comcast! :mad: I'll fix my Tivo tonight, thanks for the heads up!

4. stark

stark Member TCF Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    How can I tell if the I've got the problem? My guide seems to be okay.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Then you should be OK (unless you haven't gotten your daily Guide Data update yet). You would have gotten a message saying that channels had changed (and it would have been a MASSIVE message, with hundreds of changes listed).

You're not in Minneapolis, are you? The SW suburbs are on a different system. And even in Minneapolis, it might be limited to certain zip codes.

6. stark

stark Member TCF Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    No, I'm in the SW suburbs. Thanks, I was afraid I was missing something.

7. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    A +2 (two non-cable card boxes) here in 55408. I guess I should report it as well.

8. billhelm

billhelm New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Same problem in 55407. Contacted online support and they told me this:

" Please if you are experiencing a lineup issue in this zip code 55403 or surrounding areas, you will need to switch to Zip Code 55439, Headend ID MN22548. This lineup is still correct.

We will log a case, please if you would call back after the 18th of October (which is when the lineup is due to be corrected) to get help in switching back to the correct lineup. Thank you, for your patience, I know how this can be frustrating. In the future if you know that there is going to be a lineup change, or there has been a lineup change and your TiVo is incorrect please follow the link below to report issues such as that."

9. silypuddy

silypuddy New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Same problem here in 55419. I called and asked rep to escilate as there are many of us affected. (Probably went in bit bucket)

I guess I will switch to 55439.

10. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Of course I tried to rerun guided setup with my current zip before seeing this (and calling TiVo-- they knew why I was calling before I could say what was wrong) and repeating with 55439. Seems to have worked. They said check Zap to It to see when the proper zip is back to normal, which should just be a few days.

11. billhelm

billhelm New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Thanks Rob for originally posting this. If I hadn't seen it, it would've taken me a while longer to figure out what was going on.

12. miami91

miami91 New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Minneapolis,...
    My thanks as well Rob for creating this thread and posting the workaround. I just used my Tivo for the first time today, and was like "WTF?".

I filled out the online Tivo lineup issue form and submitted it, so hopefullly this will be yet another $.02 added to the urgency for them to fix it.

Jeff.

13. shaane

shaane New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Same for us in Richfield. Wife is fuming that we missed Survivor and Modern Family. Thanks for the tips, all!

14. eja

eja Ordinary Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Gah. Thanks for the info.

15. Keen

Keen Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Got mine updated just in time for Undercovers last night. I got the same message Rob describes there was a gigantic list of lineup changes.

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Mine was jacked up for months when my cable system did a big update. At least you all have a solution.

17. nrupaw

nrupaw New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    thanks for the solution. yeah came home after work last night, saw the messed up channel list. but was too tired to call TiVo and yell. so was planning on doing it today :)

will switch zip codes. kinda zoning out there but where do i go to switch zip codes? haven't had to do that in years. i am sure its under settings.

18. jkovach

jkovach TiVoing since 1999!

Feb 17, 2000
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    To change zip codes, redo guided setup.

19. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Grr. I thought my cable card HD was immune, but I came home today to a giant list of channel updates. Repeating Guided Setup, on the third box. Sigh. One interesting thing, though, the update message shows what channels are moving and if there are any decent new ones scheduled to be added.

20. nrupaw

nrupaw New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    thanks man. appreciate it!