1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini USB Port / Bluetooth

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by aeternal, Jul 3, 2013.

1. aeternal

aeternal New Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I'm curious about what functionality can be gained from the Mini's USB port. The little info I have read states that it is only useful for the slide remote.

It stems from a friend who was looking at getting the Roku 3 because of the headphone jack that is attached to the remote. I was wondering if any one here has tried to use a usb bluetooth headset with the mini. The goal is for her to watch shows at night without waking her husband up.

I figured the port was strictly for playing media files off of but the one engadget review i saw mentioned the bluetooth remote.. so in theory i would suspect that another blue tooth device would work?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    AFAIK it only supports two things...

1) The slide remote
    2) The USB IR receiver

Since they have to add specific drivers for USB devices it's highly unlikely it supports audio

3. Davisadm

Davisadm TiVo is awesome!!!!!

Jan 18, 2008
    SoCal
    Try plugging in a USB keyboard.

4. aeternal

aeternal New Member

Jul 3, 2013
    that was my main concern.. driver compatibility. i doubt there is basic plug and play ability. im with the general consensus, give me netflix and dynamic tuner allocation and ill be sold. would be nice if they did offer headsets though perhaps even a side jack on the slide remote

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    A keyboard works because it's HID and does not require a special driver. Plus they have hooks into the keyboard HID for the slide remote.