1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini to Roamio constant communication

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by gtsuby, Mar 17, 2014.

1. gtsuby

gtsuby New Member

Mar 11, 2014
    I have a Roamio (basic) attached to two Mini’s via MOCA using a Motorola SBM1000 MOCA adapter set. The Mini’s appears to be constantly communicating with the Roamio as the lights on the SMB1000 switch are constantly blinking. After watching TV from the Mini, I always exit to the TIVO screen before shutting down the TV and communication stops. However, it will just randomly start at any time and only quite when I go to the Mini communicating with the Roamio and turn the TV on and press the TIVO button on the remote. The lights on the switch will stop for a random amount of time (one hour to all day), but the cycle will eventually start all over again. I don’t think it’s a big deal, but would like to understand what’s causing the Mini to do this. All software versions are up to date, and it’s be doing this for over a week now.
  2. todd_j_derr

todd_j_derr New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    I wouldn't necessarily expect them to stop communicating, so I would call it "working as intended". If you're really curious you could try to sniff the traffic, it could be any of a number of things - TiVo beacon, bonjour, DHCP, ARP, or even some other device on your network entirely.