1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini hangs trying to play a folder of shows with more than a few

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by jaredmwright, Jul 14, 2014.

1. jaredmwright

jaredmwright New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    Currently on the latest Summer update, if I try to play a folder of shows from a Mini off of the TiVo Roamio or Premiere and there are more than a few shows in the folder, the mini will hang indefinitely requiring a reboot of the mini.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? This is definitely new since the latest update, before sometimes a folder would not play with a large amount of shows, but it would just fail and then retrying would successfully play the folder. Now it is a really bad state and my kids keep locking up the mini.

Connected using MoCa currently, although never have problems and I have the POE filter and everything else working smoothly.

2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Have you rebooted the source?

3. jaredmwright

jaredmwright New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    I have not rebooted the source yet. I will try that next and I can try connecting the mini to the Roamio to see if it exhibits the same behavior. I also will check my other minis connected to the Roamio to see if they follow the same problem.

4. jaredmwright

jaredmwright New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    Still having this problem, can anyone else test and see if they can reproduce the problem?

I did reboot my Premiere, with no change.

I just tested from my Roamio playing a large folder off of my Premiere Elite and it did the same thing forcing a power cycle of the Roamio which is very unfortunate if recording shows, this points to a possible issue with the latest software since it never happened before.

5. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Did you get the summer update on one of them and not the other?

6. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Hi…

I tested this for the first time since the update (Roamio Pro on FIOS, Mini connected via MoCA)…and I have the same behavior as before:

Attempt to play a folder with 60+ shows in it…brief freeze where the mini is unresponsive to input…V120 error…mini is usable again...some time goes by…folder starts playing.

I did notice that the interval between the V120 error and the beginning of playback is a bit longer, but otherwise it's the same as before.

I know you're looking for some data so I thought I'd share; I'm not trying to be the "mine works fine" guy.