1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini clock problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by expmag, Mar 14, 2013.

1. expmag

expmag RehobothJeff

Dec 12, 2004
    Rehoboth...
    Is anyone else having a problem with the clock on the mini? My 4XL is correct. I've rebooted the mini, reconnected to the server,etc. My clock is exactly five hours fast. System info on mini shows product lifetime. Today's date is also five hours fast, daylight savings time but shows the zip code is not set. Last service connection is also five hours fast. I don't see a guided setup to set the zip code. Any ideas for a fix would be helpful. Thanks in advance

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Call Tivo and tell them about the problem.. and/or post it on THEIR forum (not here). The last part isn't meant as a complaint -- apparently they DO monitor their own forum.

3. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Sounds like it's displaying as GMT without the 5 hour adjustment to the Eastern Time Zone. Something to ask Tivo about. Shouldn't affect functionality since, at the core, all Tivo's work off of GMT, but definitely annoying.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I noticed last night that my Mini was not showing a zip code. But the time was still correct and I'm on the East coast.

5. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    My issue with the clock is that it doesn't have one -- I got used to the Series 3 OLED display in the bedroom.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Mini doesn't have a zip code as it doesn't go through that portion of guided setup. My system information shows ZIP Code="Not Set" as well. However below that on same System Information screen it also shows "Today's Date" and "Daylight Saving" correctly.