1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Can't Access Manage Programs?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by chrison600, Oct 5, 2013.

1. chrison600

chrison600 Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I'm finding this difficult to believe. I cannot access "Manage Programs" from the Mini interface, only from the Roamio interface.

I have the Roamio located in the media room equipment closet and the Mini located in the living room. We do 90% of our TV watching in the living room. I can trigger a new recording or seasons pass from the Mini, but can't see upcoming recordings or manage recordings?

The Roamio is in the media room because that's where my home A/V equipment is housed. Isn't the purpose of a "whole house" DVR to make DVR capabilities available around the whole house? Why would the Mini be throttled in this way? The only rationale I can think of is, "Oh man. We can't have everyone with access to a Mini messing with the recording schedule." Ok, fine, but let me control that on a per-Mini basis.

Anyone know if Manage Recording access is coming to the Mini? Soon?

Chris

2. chrison600

chrison600 Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Well. Before anyone responds, I must denounce myself. I need to join the 21st century. I read an Amazon review where the customer expressed that the lack of the Manage Recordings menu item was a non-issue for him because he used his iPad for control. I loaded up the TiVo app on my iPhone and Voila! it's awesome. Change channels? Yep. Manage recordings? Yep. Pause programming? Yep.

Man I'm behind the times...

Chris

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I believe I read somewhere that more DVR control is coming to the Mini in the next software update. So there's that. Should be sometime fairly soon.

4. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    When at the Mini Tivo Central menu press the 2 button. That will take you to the to be recorded list. You can manage programs to be recorded from there.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes and pressing 1 from TiVo Central takes to Season Pass manager.

6. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Will this work with all the TiVos on the network, or only the one being used by the Mini for tuner allocation?

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    SPM access is just for the host TiVo. You can modify season passes on other TiVos though if there are individual recordings on those TiVos associated with the Season Passes:
    Select show on remote TiVo, More options, Modify this Season Pass

If needed you can even recover shows from Recently Deleted on the remote TiVo in order to gain access to modify SP as described above.