1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini & 2-tuner Premiere question (with Roamio Plus on account)

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by waterchange, Jan 6, 2017.

1. waterchange

waterchange Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I have a 2-tuner Premiere and a Roamio Plus on my account. I've been using a TiVo Mini paired to the Roamio. But when I've tried to set the default DVR that it is paired with to the 2-tuner Premiere, I can't as there's a circle with a slash through it indicating it's not compatible.

I was under the impression that this should be possible. I know I need at 4+ tuner DVR for the Mini to work but I thought that if I had one on the account, it was possible for the Mini to then be connected with the 2-tuner Premiere as its base DVR. Did I just have the wrong impression or should this work? Thanks.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I believe I was just under the wrong impression. I guess it makes sense to not have the Mini paired with a DVR with such few tuners. It can see and watch shows on the Premiere but not have it as it's base DVR.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wrong impression.

You can view the 2-tuner Premiere's recorded and recording content through the Roamio's 'My Shows' listing, but you won't be able to set the 2-tuner Premiere as the Mini's host DVR.

As a test, you could take the Roamio Plus offline and you may find that you're presented with the option to connect to the 2-tuner Premiere from the Mini; however, I don't believe it's a "host DVR" connection --- but I don't have the gear to be able to test it, myself, and so can't offer any other details (or even speculation).

3. krkaufman

krkaufman Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2003
    p.s. Kinda stinks, really. I'd think TiVo would have at least updated the software to allow the host DVR connection, even if the Mini was blocked from ever watching live TV while connected to a 2-tuner Premiere. It would be extremely useful for at least managing the Premiere.