1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike & Molly 5/20 "windy City"

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, May 20, 2013.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    This episode will be rescheduled due to the events in Oklahoma. It dealt with a tornado hitting Chicago. So far no word on when it will be shown ( it is the season finale). A repeat will be shown tonight.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Are any other shows affected by the live coverage?

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    All CBS has said is that it will be shown at an appropriate date.

I'm sure there is nothing bad in the episode. Just bad timing.

4. sbelmont

sbelmont Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    This episode will air on Thursday May 30 at 8:30 Eastern and Pacific.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Thanks for the heads-up. Guide still shows 2.5Men. I'll keep checking until it updates, and manually set it. I'm guessing the 28 day rule will prevent it from recording.

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I thank you too, SBelmont. I've been looking forward to the season finale episode.

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Just showed up on my directv dvr as a new and, therefore, automatically recorded program. Also fios guide.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Shows as new and SP got it

9. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just checked my Tivo guide and, since the last time I checked, it has updated the info and scheduled itself. Yay! :)

10. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    yep, this Thursday.

11. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Originally Windy City was set to record but today I had to force a recording. So if you have your SP set to New only check to see if you have this set to record.

12. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Hmm, it was set as of last night. I'll check again tonight and see if it has mysteriously *poofed*.

Thanks for the headsup.

13. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    That's odd. I just checked mine and it's still showing as 'new' and is still scheduled to record. Maybe I'll check it again this evening to make sure nothig changes. Thanks for the heads up!

14. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ugh! Somehow or other the network (or at least the local affiliate) ran it behind and I missed the ending. I've never had to pad network shows. Hope nothing good happened at the very end. :mad:

15. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Mine recorded ok. Noticed it didn't actually start till almost the 2 minute mark, and knew I was going to lose something at the end. It ended when Mike was on phone with his mom.

16. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Same here.:thumbsdown::mad:

I'm very aware of which shows and which networks need padding. With a 4-tuner Elite, I'm not shy about padding when needed. CBS sitcoms never need padding; they are 100% on schedule, and I can't recall the last time one spilled over the :00 or :30 mark.*

Until M&M last night. My recording was also chopped. I assume CBS screwed up, since we both had it happen.

I have DirecTV at our weekend place, and it soft-pads automatically, so I'll catch the end there.

* doesn't include "next week on..." or coming attractions. I don't care about those, never watch them, and if they spill, so be it.

17. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just checked the Tivo guide and it looks like they are airing reruns on Monday nights (in their usual slot) so maybe the season finale will come around again within the next couple of months.

18. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Mine screwed up on two providers so I had to resort to other means to see the show.

19. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Whatever trick TiVo used to make sure this episode recorded, even though it had already "aired", DirecTV didn't do. Didn't record.:mad::(

20. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    TiVo didn't do it either... mine didn't pick it up and I hadn't bothered to check because of the earlier posts in this thread that it would. Off to the other means...