1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael J. Fox Show pulled from schedule (unofficially canceled)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by LoadStar, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Feb 5, 2014 #1 of 39
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The Michael J. Fox Show has been pulled from NBC's schedule, and there are currently no plans for the 7 episodes filmed but not yet aired. NBC will likely burn them off at a later point. The show is not officially canceled, but is not expected to be renewed.

The show most recently got a 0.7 rating in the demo.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/michael-j-fox-show-cancelled-nbc/

2. Feb 5, 2014 #2 of 39
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Not shocking at all.

3. Feb 5, 2014 #3 of 39
    NashvilleKat

NashvilleKat Retired Old Fart

Dec 24, 2013
    I cancelled it a long time ago.

But, I wouldn't mind seeing him on The Good Wife more often.

4. Feb 5, 2014 #4 of 39
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    To clarify, NBC has a contract to air all 22 episodes, so the remaining 7 episodes *will* air, although no decision has been made as to *when* they will air.

5. Feb 5, 2014 #5 of 39
    mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ...so if you care, move your SP to the top of the list...

6. Feb 5, 2014 #6 of 39
    Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Finally put it out of its misery.

7. Feb 6, 2014 #7 of 39
    Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I was really hoping this show would have been good. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the first episode.

8. Feb 6, 2014 #8 of 39
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I liked MJF in this role. The cast lacked chemistry.

9. Feb 6, 2014 #9 of 39
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I think that was the main problem. There were a couple of decent episodes so we kept watching. The sister (I think she was Mike's sister) was horrible and ruined the show for me. Her character was unnecessary.

10. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    I really liked the show and the cast. I still don't understand why my opinion seems to be in the minority, but it's a moot point now. :(

The only criticism I had on the show was that it sometimes was a little to saccharine, but it was still one of my favorite shows, with a really good cast.

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    IMO, like mentioned earlier, the supporting cast was just plain awful. Not a single one of them was appealing in any way (IMO) and the story lines were just so "meh" week to week it really made for a boring half hour "comedy".

12. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    We have eight or 10 piled up on the DVR. Probably will delete them now.

13. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I watched the first couple of episodes and then gave up. The sex stuff was so creepy. The way he was always on his wife and then having a crush on a neighbor. I was hoping it would be a show that I could watch with the whole family, but it was too skeevy.

14. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Does Tracy Pollan know this? :eek:

15. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I used to like the show "Still Standing". If the MJF show with MJF and Betsy Brandt could have worked with the kids/sister chemistry that Still Standing had, I think it would have been really good. As it was, I just didn't like it nearly as much.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    We watched all of these. I'm not massively upset about it being pulled, but it was definitely in the middle of the comedies this fall: not the worst by any stretch.

I'm kind of surprised by the "skeevy" comment above; seriously? This show is about as far from skeevy as any sitcom on this fall. Have you seen Mom? 2 Broke Girls? Heck just about any other one? Here's a guy who's still in love with his wife and thinks she's sexy and that's... skeevy?

Is it just because the guy is MJF? Or is any married couple having a closer relationship than Mike and Carol Brady creepy?

Plus overall there's not much of that, that I remember.

17. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I think the main issue was that there wasn't enough chemistry between he and his show wife. I didn't get the sense that they had a great intimate connection (or were even in love), so the sex stuff seemed like he was hounding someone who didn't want it. I think a couple like the Huxtables on "The Cosby Show" could have pulled it off because they had great chemistry. But here it felt so forced, hence the skeevy aspect.

I didn't get the crush episode either. That doesn't seem like something a married guy should be getting involved in. And I don't think the wife would consider it 'cute' and laugh it off.

18. DLL66

DLL66 New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    I noticed while watching the show, it seemed like it was being played on "fast forward 1", meaning that their line deliveries seemed rushed and like everyone chug a can of Amp before the cameras were rolling. That is one of the reason it lost my interest in the show.

19. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    This IS a sitcom on TV and I think part of the deal with the neighbor crush was that it was actually MJF's real wife and that 'inside joke' was part of the gag.

20. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    This

and

This! :D:D:D