1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MGMHD on FiOS. Nothing xfers past 300MB

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sinanju, Dec 31, 2013.

1. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I didn't notice this problem on my S3 or Elite. I've tried to transfer multiple recordings, and rerecorded many programs to try and get good copies. The result is always the same: The transfer starts slow, remains slow, then dies at around 300MB. Anyone else served out of of Burlington, MA notice the same?

I'm using curl with tivodecode.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I've seen this when attempting to transfer a H.264 show using the PS format. H.264 only works with the TS format.

I don't know how curl works, but you can log into the TiVo directly by going to...

https://<tivo ip>/nowplaying/index.html

when prompted for a user name and password enter tivo for the user name and your MAK for the password.

On the resulting page you have the option to download each show as either PS or TS, try TS first. If it doesn't work try PS instead. If neither works then try rebooting the TiVo and try again.

3. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Just found the version of tivodecode that does TS on 64-bit Linux in the TTG forum... lack of that was a problem previously, leaving me stuck with PS. TS seems to be working just fine.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Beware that version that does TS is not 100%. It can cause minor errors to be introduced into the video.

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    What actually happens with H.264 channels (which MGM is now, on Fios) when you try to do a program stream extraction is, you only get the soundtrack.