1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSCOPY going on 10 hours

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ryan87500, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ryan87500

ryan87500 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    I am currently trying to upgrade from 160gb (full drive) to a 2 TB on my HD tivo. I am using the windows based MFSCOPY and it was running overnight so about 10 hours and is still not done. Is there anything I should do or just let it keep on going? Seems like maybe something is wrong but there is not anything under last unknown error. The ETA is a bunch of random numbers that doesn't show a time or date.

If I stop the program can I ruin my 160gb original?

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    I don't think windows MFS software works on 2TB disks....
    You need to use JMFS live CD....

(stoping the copy should not affect the original disk)

3. ryan87500

ryan87500 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    It looks like the progress bar is still moving, but if once it is done it wont be able to handle the 2tb size it might make sense to cancel. Guess I will do some more reading before I start the process over using a different method.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    If you are copying existing content, depending upon your PC, it could take 24 hours or more. Mine did.

A previously noted, I also believe you are using the wrong tool for the job if you want 2TB of space. You will likely end up with 1.160 available. Cancel and use the appropriate tool.

Check out the upgrade center.

5. ryan87500

ryan87500 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Thanks to both of you. I stopped the process and used the JMFS method took about an hour to transfer and expand and I am up and running again.

Thanks for the quick responses.