1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by seattletivo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. seattletivo

seattletivo New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    After a hiatus from Tivo, we are back with a lifetime Roamio base model along with a Tivo Stream.

Was excited for the first NFL game of the season until we sat down to watch the recorded game.

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it seems like big parts of the recording aren't accessible. If we try to watch or fast forward to a spot, the show jumps to a different earlier/later spot. It's like the recording is corrupt. It's the same behavior whether we try to watch the recording on TV using the Roamio or streaming on the iPad.

I'm really disappointed. I doubt there's a way to fix the recording, but if anyone has hints, I'd love to hear them. Also I want to make sure to properly report this bug to Tivo. I haven't rebooted the unit yet.

For reference we are using Moca networking and are on Comcast using a Motorola Cable Card. The recording was scheduled using the Tivo app on an iPad.

2. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    JBLM, WA
  3. JesseBearden

JesseBearden New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Interesting. I had the same issue today during the Seahawks game. My other recordings(Thus far) seem fine though.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Someone sent me a TTG transfer of one of these messed up recordings. I analyzed it and it looks like the timestamps are all wonky. There are a few random spots in the show where they seem to get stuck on one value. Then all the sudden they restart. However I'm not 100% sure if this exact error is what causes the problem on the TiVo, or if some other error on the TiVo causes this problem in the TTG file.

FYI if you run the file though VideoReDo Quick Stream Fix it'll actually repair the file and make it playable.

5. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    JBLM, WA
    As I said in the other thread. I think it has to do national feeds of the games(mp4?). During the local feed commercials(obvious local advertisers) fwd/rwd work. During the game (national feed?) ad some commercials it will rwd/fwd just the previously shown commercials.

6. seattletivo

seattletivo New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Well, at least we're not alone! I followed the instructions in that thread and sent the info to TiVoMargret